- Created: Monday, 09 November 2015 16:12
Here is the latest news on the Camp’s current projects:
- Construction is now completed on the two new Chinook Village dorms to serve the Special Friends Overnight Camps. Curtains are being sewn for the window coverings and will be installed in the spring. We will also be finishing up the landscaping in the spring, after the temperatures warm up.
- The exteriors of the Stable barns have been painted thanks to the help of several volunteers. The stables are now a nice “barn red” color. The next set of buildings to be painted will be the stables office/snack shop and vaulting barrel gym. Then all of the buildings at the Stables and Bayview will have a fresh look.
- Work has been completed to create 100 more parking spaces for The Lights of Christmas. These spaces are needed to handle the ever-growing numbers of vehicles that arrive each evening of The Lights.
After the first of the year, work will begin on these projects:
- The work to repair the end-wall in the Cedar Lodge Dining Room will finally be done early next year. There is significant rot that must be removed and the wall repaired. In addition, new windows and doors will be installed during the repair. A back-order on materials and the need to coordinate this work around guest groups have caused this work to be delayed.
- The Cedar Lodge Chapel refurbishment project will also be done early next year. The windows will be replaced, new window coverings installed, and interior and exterior paint will be applied.
- The sidewalk at right was installed in the mid- 1970's. A new wider sidewalk from the Senior Community to Maple Center will be installed to improve safety and accommodate more pedestrian traffic. This project is being funded in part by a significant gift from a family.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, call Jessica Wilson at (360) 312-3417 or you may email her.Add a comment