- Published: Thursday, 07 March 2013 03:28
- Hits: 4780
Following the High School Leadership Training Week, June 22-27, 2015, FITs will gain valuable experience working with guests and campers as well as apprenticing under experienced recreation staff.
- Challenge course facilitator training
- Lifeguard swims for up to 100 people at outdoor pools
- Belay training, equipment care and set up/take down
- Setting up team-building sequences including briefing and debriefing
- Assist with facilitation of climbing tower, high course, low course
- Assist leading canoe sessions and teach swim lessons
- Participate in Bible studies
- Apprenticeship with experienced facilitator
- Lifeguarding and CPR for the Professional Rescuer (one-site training available if prearranged)
- Be in good physical condition
- Love for Jesus, campers and the outdoors
- Christian testimony and witness
- Entering junior or senior year of high school
- Be available for the majority, if not all of the 9 week program. Minimum of a 6 week commitment required.
- Four recommendations (forms located in application)
Program Directors: Joe Wiederhold, recreation director and Kurt von Pessler, asst. recreation director bring a combined 40 years of recreation and challenge course experience to the leadership of this program. Both have worked at several camps on the West Coast before coming to Warm Beach Camp.
Position Openings: Each season the facilitator in training program is limited to two individuals.
Dates: June 22 - August 22, 2015
Price: The FIT program is $398.00. The cost of the program includes one week of High School Leadership Training Week, plus six-eight weeks of apprenticeship experience, including room and board.
Download and fill out the Facilitator In Training application and send to the Warm Beach Camp, Personnel Office, once application and four references are reviewed by the hiring manager and acceptance has been made into the program you will receive an email welcoming you to the program with a link to register for the Leadership Training Week with more information on arrival etc.
Application Deadline June 1, 2015.
- Contact the Personnel Department for more information or questions at 360-216-4262