Summer 2016 - For high school students who have completed their freshman or sophmore year. Students will participate in a leadership development program that will engage Counselors-In-Training (CIT) on leading games for groups of 5-85 participants, leading or co-leading Bible studies to cabin groups, learning the ins and outs of event planning at W-bar-B, participating in staff meetings and staff development events, learning about their personality and leadership styles as they pertain to the group dynamic as well as discovering their strengths and weaknesses with in a team dynamic and learning to see the unique needs of each camper and how to relate to them.
To equip youth that have ages out of our overnight youth camps with knowledge and experience in leadership and counseling in a summer camp format. Following their training program at W-bar_B youth camp, CIT's will be eligible to assist staff in Day Camp and Special Friends Camp or in Youth Camp should they wish to continue being involved in summer 2016 camping ministry. As CIT's, students will receive training in working with youth ages 9-15. CIT's serve alongside trained college age and adult staff learning how to direct games, activities and safely care for campers through each day's program.
- Participate in one of the establed 2 week training sessions
- Discuss Biblical principles for growth and leadership
- Gain understanding of Warm Beach Camp’s philosophy and mission
- Learn the qualities of job performance required of camp staff
- Plan/lead games and activities
- Learn how to teach a Bible study
- Make mature judgments when responsible for the welfare and happiness of others
- Build healthy personal relationships
- Contribute in positive ways as a team member
- Be actively attending Church, youth group, or Bible studies
- Possess a confident personal relationship of faith in Christ
- Have completed their freshman year in high school
- Be eager for personal growth
- Enjoy working with youth
- Complete applicaiton in cluding four required references and go through the interview process
Session 1: July 4 - 16, 2016, Session 2: July 18 - 30, 2016, or Session 3: August 8 - 20, 2016
$359.00. The cost of the program covers the two week training session, with the potential to lead to further involvement in summer programs as a volunteer.
Download and complete the CIT application and return it to the Personnel Office, once application and four references (enclosed in application) are received, it will be reviewed by the hiring manager and further contact will be made. If/when acceptance is made, further information will be given regarding arrival, what-to-bring, payment etc. Best consideration will be given for applications received by June 15, 2016.
- Contact the Personnel Department for more information or questions at 360-216-4262