Summer 2015 - Develop your leadership potential while growing closer to Christ. The CIT program is a leadership training experience for high school age campers entering their sophomore or junior year. It's a minimum of a two-week commitment. Your first week is training while attending the High School Leadership Training Week (June 22-27, 2015) and the second week is of practical experience during Day Camp (K-4 grade), Special Friends Day Camps (adults with disabilities) or Youth Camp (4-12 grade). CIT's are invited to volunteer beyond the two-week program. Arrangements can be made with the Program Director.
- Their own leadership style
- Their strengths and weaknesses in communication skills
- The unique needs of individual campers and how to relate to them
CITs will also:
- Discuss Biblical principles for growth and leadership
- Gain understanding of Warm Beach Camp’s philosophy
- Learn the qualities of job performance required of camp staff
- Participate in the High School Leadership Training Week, June 22-27, (the training week of the CIT Program).
- Plan/lead games and activities
- Learn how to lead a camper to Christ
- Make mature judments when responsible for the welfare and happiness of others
- Build healthy personal relationships
- Contribute in positive ways as a group member
- Be actively attending Church
- Possess a confident personal relationship of faith in Christ
- Have completed their freshman year in high school
- Be eager for personal growth
- Enjoy working with young children and youth and/or adults with disabilities
- Have four letters of recommendation, two from their Pastor or Youth Pastor or another Christian Worker, one from a Teacher and one from a personal Friend.
PROGRAM COST: $398.00. The cost of the program includes one week of High School Leadership Training Week, plus a second week during the summer as an Assistant Counselor in Day Camp/Special Friends Camp or Youth Camp. The CIT program is a minimum of a two-week commitment but additional weeks as a counselor is welcome and to be arranged by the Program Director.
Download and fill out the Counselor In Training Application and send it to the Warm Beach Camp, Personnel Office. Once application and four references are reviewd by the hiring manager and acceptance has been made into the program you will receive an email welcoming you to the program with a link to register for the Leadership Training Week along with more information on arrival etc.
Application Deadline June 1, 2015
- Contact the Personnel Department for more information or questions at 360-216-4262