- Created: Thursday, 07 March 2013 03:28
- Hits: 3280
Summer 2014 - Develop your leadership potential while growing closer to Christ. The CIT program is a leadership training experience for high school age campers entering their sophomore or junior year. It's a minimum of a two-week commitment. Your first week is training while attending the High School Leadership Camp (June 22-28, 2014) and the second week is of practical experience during Day Camp (K-4) or Special Friends Day Camps (adults with disabilities). CIT's are invited to volunteer beyond the two-week program. Arrangements can be made with the Day Camp Director.
Warm Beach Camp's Counselor-in-Training program will help campers discover:
- Their own leadership style
- Their strengths and weaknesses in communication skills
- The unique needs of individual campers and how to relate to them
CITs will also:
- Discuss Biblical principles for growth and leadership
- Gain understanding of Warm Beach Camp’s philosophy
- Learn the qualities of job performance required of camp staff
- Participate in the High School Leadership Camp, June 22-28, (the training week of the CIT Program).
- Plan/lead games and activities
- Learn how to lead a camper to Christ
- Make mature judments when responcible for the welfare and happiness of others
- Build healthy personal relationships
- Contribute in positive ways as a group member
- Teach a Bible study
PROGRAM COST: $398.00. The cost of the program includes one week of High School Leadership Camp, plus a second week during the summer as an Assistant Counselor in Day Camp/Special Friends Camp. The CIT program is a minimum of a two-week commitment but additional weeks as a counselor is welcome and to be arranged by the Day Camp Director.
QUALIFICATIONS: CIT candidates are a group of persons who have demonstrated readiness for training in Christian leadership. Candidates must…
- Be actively attending Church
- Possess a confident personal relationship of faith in Christ
- Have completed their freshman year in high school
- Be eager for personal growth
- Enjoy working with young boys and girls and/or adults with disabilities
- Have four letters of recommendation, two from their Pastor or Youth Pastor or another Christian Worker, one from a Teacher and one from a personal Friend.
Be sure to register now for the High School Leadership Camp and download and complete the CIT Application!