- Created: Thursday, 07 March 2013 03:28
- Hits: 1492
Summer 2014 - Develop your leadership potential while growing closer to Christ. The CIT program is a leadership training experience for high school age campers entering their sophomore year. Following the High School Leadership Camp (June 22-28, 2014) CIT's assist staff in Day Camp and Special Friends Day Camps. Students receive additional training in working with persons with disabilities and with young children ages 5-10. CIT's serve alongside trained college and adult staff learning how to direct games, activities, and safely care for campers.
Warm Beach Camp's Counselor-in-Training program will help campers:
- Learn what it takes to be a summer camp counselor
- Learn practical problem solving skills
- Forge stronger leadership abilities
- Develope their own leadership style
- Plan and lead games & events for campers
- Discover the unique needs of individual campers and how to relate to them
- Teach camp craft skills
- Teach a Bible study
- Serve as an assistant counselor
- Develope thier strengths and weaknesses in communications skills
CITs will also:
- Discuss Biblical principles for growth and leadership
- Gain understanding of Warm Beach Camp’s mission
- Learn the qualities of job performance required of camp staff
- Participate in the High School Leadership Camp, June 23-29, is the training week of the CIT Program.
PROGRAM COST: $398.00. The cost of the program includes one week of High School Leadership Camp, plus a second week during the summer as an Assistant Counselor in Day Camp/Special Friends Camp. The CIT program is a minimum of a two-week commitment but additional weeks as a counselor is welcome.
QUALIFICATIONS: CIT candidates are a group of persons who have demonstrated readiness for training in Christian leadership. Candidates must…
- Be actively attending Church
- Possess a confident personal relationship of faith in Christ
- Have completed their freshman year in high school
- Be eager for personal growth
- Enjoy working with young boys and girls
- Have four letters of recommendation, two from their Pastor or Youth Pastor or another Christian Worker, one from a Teacher and one from a personal Friend.
Be sure to register now for the High School Leadership Camp (there are limited spaces), if you are accepted you will be covered for the rest of the summer, if not we still would love to have you participate in the week of Leadership Camp.