Summer 2017 - For high school students who have completed their freshman or sophmore year. Students will participate in a leadership development program that will engage Counselors-In-Training (CIT) on leading games, leading or co-leading Bible studies, learning the ins and outs of event planning at Youth Camp, participating in staff meetings and staff development events, learning about their personality and leadership styles as they pertain to the group dynamic.
To equip youth that have aged out of our overnight youth camps with knowledge and experience in leadership and counseling in a summer camp format. Following their training program at W-bar-B youth camp, CIT's will be eligible to assist staff in Day Camp and Special Friends Camp or in Youth Camp should they wish to continue being involved in summer 2017 camping ministry. As CIT's, students will receive training in working with youth ages 9-15. CIT's serve alongside trained college age and adult staff learning how to direct games, activities and safely care for campers through each day's program.
To help campers discover:
- Their own leadership style and personality type
- Their strengths and weaknesses in a team dynamic
- The unique needs of individual campers and how to relate to them
CIT's will also:
- Participate in one of the established 2 week training sessions
- Discuss Biblical principles for growth and leadership
- Gain understanding of Warm Beach camp's philosophy and mission
- Learn the qualities of job performance required of camp staff
- Plan/lead games and activities
- Learn how to teach Bible study
- Make mature judgements when responsible for the welfare and happiness of others
- Build healthy personal relationships
- Contribute in positive ways as a team member
CIT candidates are a group of persons who have demonstrated readiness for training in Christian leadership. Candidates must:
- Be actively attending Church, youth group, or Bible studies
- Possess a confident personal relationship of faith in Christ
- Have completed their freshman year in high school
- Be eager for personal growth
- Enjoy working with youth
- Complete applicaiton in cluding two required references and go through the interview process
CIT 1-Session: July 3 - 15, 2017
CIT 1-Session: August 7 - 19, 2017
CIT 2-Session: July 16 - 29, 2017
CIT 2-Session: August 7 - 19, 2017
CIT 1 are first year CIT's who have not previously gone through the CIT Program. CIT 2 are CIT's who have completed a session of the CIT program previously.
$420 per session. The cost of the program includes the two week training session.
Download and complete the CIT application and return it to the Personnel Office, once application and two references (enclosed in application) are received, it will be reviewed by the hiring manager and further contact will be made. If/when acceptance is made, further information will be given regarding arrival, what-to-bring, payment etc. Best consideration will be given for applications received by June 15, 2017.
- Contact the Personnel Department for more information or questions at 360-216-4262