Warm Beach Camp’s Horsemanship Program shares the love and truth of God through horses, riding, and horsemanship instruction. Our goals are that participants grow in their spiritual and personal life as well as their riding disciplines. Horses and horsemanship teach an abundance of life lessons that build maturity in participants. Safety and responsible horse handling are central to everything that goes on in the program. Staff undergo careful training to align safety practice and instruction under the guidelines of the national program of the Certified Horsemanship Association program (CHA). Under the leadership of Greg Gill, Horsemanship Director, the staff make every effort to provide a safe, professional horsemanship experience - one that will have life-long impact.
- Group riding lessons of no more than 6 riders per group
- Any skill level is welcome; ages 10 to adult
- Lessons include ground work, horse care, and safety instruction
- Horses, tack and helmets provided by Warm Beach Camp
- CHA Certified Riding Instructors
- Most riding lessons will occur in the riding arena with occasional “trail lessons” (taught at the discretion of the instructor)
Riders will learn:
- Grooming, saddling, horse care
- Basic horse control at a walk, jog, and a lope
- Basic equitation and proper use of the four natural aids (voice, hands, legs, weight)
- How to recognize and ride on the correct diagonal and leads
- and much more!
Each session is 10 weeks/once per week lessons. Minimum age 10 years old.
|Session 1||January 17 - March 21, 2015|
|Session 2||March 28 – May 30, 2015|
|Session 3||September 19 - November 21, 2015|
Enrollment for each session closes on the first day of lessons. Must complete the registration form, release form, and concussion policy prior to the first session.
|Level 1 class||2:30 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Level 2, 3 class||12:30 pm - 2:00 pm|
|Level 3, 4 class||4:30 pm - 6:00 pm|
Price: $225 per session for once per week lessons. Ages 10 and up.
What to expect:
- If arriving 15 minutes late or more, rider may not be able to participate or make up the lesson.
- 30 minutes to saddle/unsaddle your horse
- 45-50 minutes of riding time
- Short devotional
- Opportunity to take riding test at the end of a session to advance to the next level
- Minimum age 10 years old at the time of first class of session
- Helmets and boots required. (Helmets provided by Warm Beach Camp; limited supply of boots are available.)
To Register or for more information email our Horsemanship Department or call:
360-652-7575 / 800-228-6724 ext 2282