Grow personally, spiritually, relationally
High School Leadership Camp and Training programs challenge students to grow in all areas of life. Most importantly, a person’s leadership influence flows from a healthy and growing relationship with God and a clear understanding of our identity in Christ. Building upon a spiritual foundation, students will learn communication skills that will enhance their relationships with friends, family, and throughout their community.
Through intentionally focused activities and experiences, students will:
- grow in self-confidence
- identify their unique strengths and leadership gifts
- gain experience in team building, leading groups, communicating with confidence, conflict resolution, and goal setting
High School Leadership Camp
June 22-28, 2014
$398 per person
For youth entering grades 10-12
The focus of this week is preparing students for a life of servant leadership. This week is a pre-requisite for those going on into other summer leadership programs namely, Counselor in Training, Wrangler in Training, and Facilitator in Training. High School Camp is open to high school youth who desire to grow spiritually, build strong relationships, and forge deeper character.
Learning is experiential. A week of High School Camp is full of hands-on learning, coaching, and practical experience.
- Peer-led Bible Study
- Deepen spiritual disciplines such as prayer and scripture reading
- Facilitator training in soft skills used in team-building
- Climbing Tower leadership
- Leading games/activities
- Understanding stages of child development and how to design camp programs to meet needs
- Grow in self-understanding of your strengths, gifts, and talents.
- Build lifelong relationships with staff and fellow campers
Of course, all of this comes wrapped in summer camp fun complete with swimming, campfires, high ropes course, climbing tower, canoeing, horseback riding, field games, sports, and more.
For those going on into the other summer leadership programs, there is no additional cost once you pay for Leadership Camp.