Develop your leadership potential and grow personally, spiritually, relationally
High School Leadership Training Week and Training programs challenge students to grow in all areas of life. Most importantly, a person’s leadership influence flows from a healthy and growing relationship with God and a clear understanding of our identity in Christ. Building upon a spiritual foundation, students will learn communication skills that will enhance their relationships with friends, family, and throughout their community.
- grow in self-confidence
- identify their unique strengths and leadership gifts
- gain experience in team building, leading groups, communicating with confidence, conflict resolution, and goal setting
Leadership Training Week
Dates: June 22-27, 2015
Cost: $398 per person
Intensive leadership training week required for CITs, WITs, and FITs. The focus of this week is preparing students for a life of servant leadership. This week is a pre-requisite for those going into other summer leadership programs namely, Counselor in Training, Wrangler in Training, and Facilitator in Training. After Leadership Training Week, students will begin their specific Leadership Training Program (CIT, WIT, or FIT).
Learning is experiential. A week of Leadership Training is full of hands-on learning, coaching, and practical experience.
- Peer-led Bible Study
- Deepen spiritual disciplines such as prayer and scripture reading
- Facilitator training in soft skills used in team-building
- Climbing Tower leadership
- Leading games/activities
- Understanding stages of child development and how to design camp programs to meet needs
- Grow in self-understanding of your strengths, gifts, and talents.
- Build lifelong relationships with staff and fellow campers
Of course, all of this comes wrapped in summer camp fun complete with swimming, campfires, high ropes course, climbing tower, canoeing, horseback riding, field games, sports, and more.
Download and fill out the Facilitator In Training, Wranger In Training or Counselor In Training application (depending on your area of interest) and send to the Warm Beach Camp, Personnel Office, once application and four references are reviewed by the hiring manager and acceptance has been made into the program you will receive an email welcoming you to the program with a link to register for the Leadership Training Week with more information on arrival etc.
Application Deadline June 1, 2015.
- Contact the Personnel Department for more information or questions at 360-216-4262