Following the High School Leadership Camp, June 22-28, 2014, FIT's will gain valuable experience working with guests and campers as well as apprenticing under experienced recreation staff.
- Challenge course facilitator training
- Lifeguard swims for up to 100 people at outdoor pools
- Belay training, equipment care and set up/take down
- Give safety talks, set up sequences, debrief
- Assist with facilitation of climbing tower, high course, low course
- Assist leading canoe sessions and teach swim lessons
- Participate in Bible studies
- Apprenticeship with experienced facilitator
- Lifeguarding and CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent by June 1
- Be in good physical condition
- Love for Jesus, campers and the outdoors
- Christian testimony and witness
- Entering junior or senior year of high school
- Be available for the majority, if not all of the 9 week program, June 22-August 23, 2014. Minimum of a 6 week commitment required.
- Four recommendations
Program Directors: Joe Wiederhold, recreation director and Kurt von Pessler, asst. recreation director bring a combined 40 years of recreation and challenge course experience to the leadership of this program. Both have worked at several camps on the West Coast before coming to Warm Beach Camp.
Positions: Each season the facilitator in training program is limited to two individuals.
Dates: June 22 - August 23, 2014
Price: The FIT program is $398.00. The cost of the program includes one week of High School Leadership Camp, plus six-eight weeks of apprenticeship experience, including room and board.
Be sure to register now for the High School Leadership Camp (there are limited spaces), if you are not accepted into the program we would still love for you to participate in the Leadership Camp.
- To apply download and fill out the Facilitator In Training application (pdf below) and send to the Warm Beach Camp personnel department.
- Contact the Personnel Department for more information at 360-652-7575 / 800-228-6724