Summer 2014 - The Wrangler in Training (WIT) program combines training as a Wrangler and Counselor in a summer-long experience for high school age participants. Following the High School Leadership Camp, (June 22-28, 2014), WIT's will gain valuable experience working with guests and campers involving safety, horsemanship instruction, group control, and horse care. WIT's apprentice alongside experienced horsemanship staff assisting with trail rides, riding lessons, and all manner of horse and facility care.
Develop your leadership potential while
growing closer to Christ.
For high school age campers entering their junior or senior year. Requires a full Summer commitment (June 22 to August 24), hard work, and a learner's heart. $398 per person.
- Develop a servant's heart
- Grow in their personal Christian faith
- Learn how to train and handle horses
- Share mastered skills with other wranglers
- Assume a variety of supervised leadership roles
- Develop healthy relationships and relational skills
- Develop leadership skills
- Develop character and healthy work values
This extended time that a small group will spend in interaction with each other and with Christian leadership makes camp an excellent setting for the accomplishment of these objectives. The WIT program is pertinent, not only to Horsemanship, but to many future leadership roles as a Christian.
WIT Training includes:
- Horse handling and training
- Riding and vaulting lessons
- Horsemanship instructor training
- Assisting and leading trail rides
- Assisting in riding instruction
- Apprenticeship to an experienced wrangler
- Personal bible study program and much more
WIT candidates are a select group of persons who have demonstrated readiness for training in Horsemanship and Christian Leadership.
- Have completed their sophomore year of high school
- Have a desire to study the life of Jesus Christ
- Be seeking to grow in a deeper personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Have a love for horses and young campers
- Be eager for personal growth
- Be in good physical condition
- Have achieved at least intermediate CHA level riding certification
- Have four recommendation letters: two from Christian workers, one from a teacher, and one from a personal friend who is over 18 years old
Candidates will be selected on the basis of character, horsemanship skills, spiritual readiness and leadership potential, as determined by careful appraisal of their application and references. Space is extremely limited.
Dates: June 22 - Aug 24, 2014
Price: $398 per person
This cost covers the week of HS Leadership camp, training manuals, insurance, WIT privileges, plus room and board for the 9 weeks at Warm Beach Camp.