Summer 2015 - The Wrangler in Training (WIT) program combines training as a Wrangler and Counselor in a summer-long experience for high school age participants. Following the High School Leadership Training Week (June 22-27, 2015), WITs will gain valuable experience working with guests and campers involving safety, horsemanship instruction, group control, and horse care. WIT's apprentice alongside experienced horsemanship staff assisting with trail rides, riding lessons, and all manner of horse and facility care for the next eight weeks.
For high school age campers entering their junior or senior year. Requires a full Summer commitment (June 22 to August 22, 2015), hard work, and a learner's heart.
- Develop a servant's heart
- Grow in their personal Christian faith
- Learn how to train and handle horses
- Share mastered skills with other wranglers
- Assist in leading trail rides
- Assist in instruction of riding lessons and vaulting classes
- Assume a variety of supervised leadership roles
- Develop healthy relationships and relational skills
- Develop leadership skills
- Develop character and healthy work values
This extended time that a small group will spend in interaction with each other and with Christian leadership makes camp an excellent setting for the accomplishment of these objectives. The WIT program is pertinent, not only to Horsemanship, but to many future leadership roles as a Christian.
- Have completed their sophomore year of high school
- Have a desire to study the life of Jesus Christ
- Be seeking to grow in a deeper personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Have a love for horses and young campers
- Be eager for personal growth
- Be in good physical condition
- Have achieved at least intermediate CHA level riding certification
- Have four recommendation letters: two from Christian workers, one from a teacher, and one from a personal friend who is over 18 years old
Candidates will be selected on the basis of character, horsemanship skills, spiritual readiness and leadership potential, as determined by careful appraisal of their application and references.
Program Cost: $398 per person. This cost covers the week of High School Leadership Training Week (June 22-27, 2015), training manuals, insurance, WIT privileges, plus room and board for the 9 weeks at Warm Beach Camp.
Download and fill out the Wrangler In Training Application and send it to the Warm Beach Camp, Personnel Office. Once application and four references are reviewd by the hiring manager and acceptance has been made into the program you will receive an email welcoming you to the program with a link to register for the Leadership Training Week along with more information on arrival etc.
Application Deadline June 1, 2015
- Contact the Personnel Department for more information or questions at 360-216-4262