Counselor In Training (CIT)
Develop your leadership skills and grow personally
Building upon a spiritual foundation, students learn communication skills, grow in relationship with God and others, and participate in leadership development activities. CITs serve alongside trained college students and adult staff in leading games, learning camper care, leading or co-leading Bible studies, and the ins-and-outs of event planning at summer Youth Camp.
The CIT program is design to help participants grow personally, spiritually and relationally.
CIT students gain experience in leadership and counseling in a summer camp format while:
- Discovering their leadership and personality type
- Understanding the unique needs of campers and how to form relationships with them
- Learning about their strengths and weaknesses in team dynamics
The CIT program consists of training, practical experience and apprenticeship.
Serving alongside trained staff, CIT participants can expect the following:
- Participate in a 2 week training session that equip you to be successful
- Discuss biblical principles for spiritual and leadership growth
- Understand Warm Beach Camp’s philosophy and mission
- Learn job performance requirements of Camp staff
- Plan and lead games, activities, and Bible studies
- Build healthy personal relationship and contribute in positive ways as a team member
- Make mature judgments in working with others
CIT participants will be selected by the Warm Beach Camp Youth Leadership staff.
Participants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a sophomore, junior or senior in high school
- Be actively attending church, youth group, and/or Bible studies
- Possess a confident personal relationship of faith in Christ
- Be eager for personal growth
- Enjoy working with youth
- Complete an application with two reference along with completing the interview process
Dates, Cost and Application
|Training Week:||June 23-29, 2019||-----|
|Session 1:||July 1 - 13, 2019||$420 *|
|Session 2:||July 15 - 27, 2019||$420 *|
|Session 3:||August 5 - 17, 2019||$420 *|
* Includes training material, room and board, and meals.
Fill out the online application along with two references. Applications will be reviewed by Youth Program Leadership and our hiring team. If accepted, further information will be given regarding arrival, what-to-bring, payment, etc. Best consideration will be given for applications received by June 1, 2019.
Youth Program Leadership
Youth Program Manager
Sara breathes, lives, and dreams camp. She’s been involved in camp ministry for nine years in many roles. Sara is passionate about ministering to youth and their relationship with Jesus. Her passion was fostered through her education as she earned her B.A. in Adolescent Ministries from IWU and her M.A. in Christian Education from DBU. Sara gives of herself with a selfless intentionality and seizes each of life’s adventures; her drive for fostering authentic community and her heart for discipleship inspires all she meets.