The Korean Ministry of Education mandated the improvement of English speaking abilities of students and teachers in Korea through cultural exchanges and improved English teaching methods. Myungsun Church and other ministry partners are using this mandate to share the good news of Christ and to bring all Koreans into the Kingdom of God. Their desire is to bring American English to the youth of their community and church. Myungsun recognizes that Koreans are very influenced by American culture and so having American English taught to them is an effective way to reach them with the gospel.
South Korea sends out the second largest number of Christian missionaries in the entire world. Myungsun leaders desire to grow the Body of Christ between the USA and South Korea, the two largest mission-sending countries in the world, as a way to exhibit Christian unity, develop global Christian leaders, and bring the gospel to the rest of the world.
In 2010, Warm Beach Camp joined with Myungsun Church (MSC) in Suwon, South Korea, in a sister ministry relationship. MSC reaches out to their community through English ministry and conducts a summer English Camp in South Korea. In addition, they send a group of English students to the Pacific Northwest each summer for an English immersion and cultural experience in the USA.
Next mission trip scheduled for July 30-August 13, 2019 (subject to change)
Typical General Schedule (specifics for each year vary)
- travel to Seoul
- meet Myungsun staff
- immerse in Korean culture and build relationships with hosts
- conduct community service project with Korean partners
- meet Korean staff and plan for week-long English Camp
- conduct week-long English camp for approximately 70-80 elementary age campers
- English classes ofr elementary students
- leadership classes for High School youth
- games, crafts, music, sports
- Chapel services
Youth Pastors -- Join the team and share the experience with your students and church members. It’s a turn-key mission trip – Warm Beach Camp takes care of all the planning and trip logistics..
Warm Beach Camp staff – overall trip leader
One camp pastor – Morgan MacPherson, 2018 Camp Pastor
Eight English instructors
- Age 18+
- Previous experience teaching in church or school
- English teaching preferred but not required
- Curriculum will be provided
Eight – ten program team members
- 14+ years-old
- Leadership classes with Korean youth
- Lead games, sports, music, crafts, etc.
Myungsun provides equal numbers of young adult leaders who work with our team as a unified staff.
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to share Him with others
- Age 14+
- Team-oriented person who is flexible, outgoing, well prepared and friendly
- Willingness to serve and give up personal rights for the sake of others
- A desire to engage with and learn from the Korean people
approximately $2,250 per person (subject to change)
Complete the application packet and return to:
by email: email@example.com
by mail: Warm Beach Camp / Attn: Patrick Patterson
20800 Marine Dr., Stanwood, WA 98292