Here is the latest news on the Camp’s current projects:
- The renovation work continues in lower Cedar Lodge. The new walk-in cooler and freezer have been installed and are in use, more than doubling the capacity of the old units. The old units have been removed, and workers are re-configuring that space, expanding the size of the kitchen. This is the first major expansion of the kitchen since the building was constructed in 1958-59! A new conference room has also been completed in lower Cedar Lodge. Meanwhile, the plans are coming together for the Cedar Lodge Chapel renovation project slated for early 2016. These projects are funded by the Embracing the Vision Campaign.
Two new Chinook Village dorms to serve the Special Friends Overnight Camps have been funded and are now under construction (photo at right). Each dorm will house 18 people and is designed to accommodate those with special needs. These two dorms will be ready for the Special Friends Overnight camps this summer.
- The coffee service in Cedar Lodge Lobby is being upgraded with a new automated brewer that will provide hot, fresh coffee for the guests, while reducing staff labor to keep it supplied. Come on by for a cup!
- This spring, a new health room, office, and storage area is being built at W-Bar-B Ranch. The health room will provide a much needed area where the camp nurse can dispense medications and address the medical needs of the campers. This project is being funded, in part, by a foundation grant.
- Native plant habitat improvements have been completed around Bayview Ranch House and new landscaping is being planted. Bayview is also scheduled to be painted and get new gutters this spring.
- At the Stables, the construction of the new manure shed is getting underway this spring. This project helps the Camp protect the water quality in Port Susan Bay. The other project at the Stables, the new box stall barn, is on hold until funding can be secured.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, call Jessica Wilson at (360) 312-3417 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.