Here is the latest news on the Camp’s current projects:
- The renovation work in lower Cedar Lodge has been completed! This is the first time the kitchen has been expanded since the building was built in the late 1950’s. The refurbishing work in Cedar Lodge Chapel will be done next year, and will focus on updating the room, installing energy efficient windows, and upgrading the audio/visual systems.
Construction is nearing completion on the two new Chinook Village dorms to serve the Special Friends Overnight Camps. Right now, the flooring is being installed (photo at right). We expect the dorms to be done by the end of September. Once construction is finished, there will still be some outside landscaping and site grooming to be done that we will need a work crew to help with.
- Bayview Ranch House has received fresh paint and the new gutters have been installed.
- Camp groups have really been enjoying the expanded fire circle and stage area at the Amphitheater this summer. These improvements are in preparation for a new permanently installed outdoor sound system scheduled to go in next year. This project is being funded by the Apostolic Family Camp and Warm Beach Camp.
- New playground equipment in the Tot Lot is installed and ready to provide lots of fun for the younger campers. We are grateful for the donors who gave financial gifts for this project, and for the volunteers who installed it. Let the fun begin!
- Many of our landscaping rail fences that help beautify the grounds have been replaced this summer by several MMAP volunteer groups. We are grateful for their help with this project.
- The Camp has been awarded a grant for a solar power project that will be installed on Cedar Lodge. The project installation is scheduled for this fall, and is expected to provide up to 20% of Cedar Lodge’s power needs.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, call Jessica Wilson at (360) 312-3417 or email her at email@example.com.