Here is the latest news on the Camp’s current projects:
Work continues on the refurbishment project in Cedar Lodge Chapel. New windows and exterior doors have been installed, and the interior walls have been refinished. The last two family restrooms are now finished. Work still in progress includes the new audio/visual systems, new chairs, a snack counter, and possibly lighting and ceiling paint. This is the final project of the Embracing the Vision Campaign that provided funding for the new restrooms on the main floor of Cedar Lodge, and the remodel work in the kitchen and north end of the basement. We are grateful for the many people who gave through the Campaign to make this all possible.
- New carpet has been installed in Cascadian Lobby and the hallways. You will have to take a peek next time you are on the grounds! Fundraising through a room memorialization program has begun that will allow us to refurbish the sleeping rooms in this lodge as well.
- Volunteers have finished the painting project at the Stables. Over the last two years, all of the buildings at the Stables, along with Bayview Ranch House, have been repainted. They look really nice with their fresh new paint. Thank you, volunteers!
- The new wider sidewalk is in that goes from the Senior Community to Maple Center. This project replaced the old four-foot sidewalk with a new ten-foot-wide one, improving safety and accommodating more pedestrian traffic.
- The new outdoor sound system in the Amphitheater has been installed and is now fully operational. This is a huge improvement, allowing a greater range of programming to occur outside, year-round. Funding for this project came from two long-time guest groups, individuals, and Warm Beach Camp.
- A new pedestrian entry for The Lights of Christmas near the front entrance is complete. This will direct the people parking across Marine Drive into the RV area where they will have a safer, more direct route to the ticket gates than has been possible in the past.
- New storage shed and corrals at the Stables are being installed. This allows for improved vaulting tack storage and improvements to winter horse feeding.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, call Jessica Wilson at (360) 312-3417 or you can contact her by email.