It came in the mail... a bulky envelope from a partnership ministry who sent several kids to summer camp who have experienced some hard things in life. Donors of Warm Beach Camp made camp possible for these kids by giving to the Kids 2 Camp scholarship fund.
In the envelope were several thank you notes. Each thank you note read like a precious gift to me. "Thank you for helping me come to camp." read one. Another stated, "I made some really good friends at camp." One camper said, "I really like the horse you gave me to ride, can I ride it again next year?"
A few of the notes talked specifically about camp chapel times. "The chapels were the best part of camp." And, "I really liked the things we talked about."
Each note filled me with gratitude for many reasons:
- Every camper had a great experience.
- The generosity of people giving to Kids 2 Camp scholarships makes this possible.
- The Warm Beach staff and volunteers did a fantastic job meeting each kid right where they were.
- The kids hope they can return.
- Several kids grew in their connection with God.
I am so grateful for an entire ministry that bends itself for the well-being of kids, giving them a chance to be loved and connect with God. I am also grateful the kids took time to say thank you.
For all who helped, and will help, make camp possible for kids - THANK YOU.
Ed McDowell, Executive Director
Warm Beach Camp and Conference Center