- Hits: 83
Thank you for helping improve our facilities and grounds. Current projects include:
- Landscaping clean-up, dead tree removal, and lawn care.
- Cascadian Rooms 1-11 and lobby are being remodeled to match the lovely interior improvements done to rooms 12-30.
- The Mount Baker Cabin roofs have been pressure washed and cleaned.
- Plans to re-pave the circle drive in front of the Program Center and Cedar Lodge has begun. Included in the project are changes to the interior parking lot, commonly called “staff parking.” Through landscaping and better definition of parking spaces, this will increase parking, create a simpler lay-out, and beautify the grounds.
- Reroofing Cedar Lodge dining room and one staff cottage will be done later this year.
- The High Ropes Challenge Course improvements have been made! The improvements allow us to increase capacity while providing exceptional experiences to each participant.
Through our generous donors and volunteers, these improvements provide a place where people feel cared for and experience a place of beauty and refreshment.Add a comment
- Hits: 247
Here is what you helped accomplish at Warm Beach Camp
- The Program Center Auditorium has received acoustic treatment on the stage plus a complete interior painting.
- Cascadian Lodge Rooms 1-11 and the Lobby are being remodeled.
- The Mini Lodge lobbies are receiving new cabinets and sinks.
- Hits: 431
- New floor treatment in the kitchen was completed in January
- Cascadian remodel of the lobby and rooms 1-11 begins in February
- Program Center Auditorium stage walls will be painted and prepped for sound absorbing acoustic panels in February
- New set of ovens were ordered for the kitchen in January
- New cabinets were ordered for Glacier and Whistler Mini Lodge lobbies in January
- One Mt Baker deck was replaced in November
- Hits: 715
November is the month our whole team is preparing for The Lights of Christmas.
Temporary parking lot preparation
Sets, scenes, lighting, and décor
One Mt Baker deck replaced
Interior painting of one staff park modelAdd a comment
- Hits: 807
Here are the projects currently being planned or are underway:
The Lights of Christmas set up continues. Watch for new features in the Wonderland area this year.
One Mt Baker Cabin deck is being replaced this month.
A staff cottage is going to receive new flooring this fall.
Landscaping improvements are underway near Cedar Lodge.
Volunteer assistance in areas of gardening, lawn mowing, carpentry, painting, The Lights of Christmas set-up are needed throughout the fall. Please e-mail Faith Oates or call 360-761-1267.Add a comment
- Hits: 882
Light hanging has begun for The Lights of Christmas Festival. The Donut Hut has been getting a new makeover and many other projects are underway.
Two of the three wells are now running on new automated controls. The third well will have new automated controls soon.
Shipping containers in the shop yard have all been moved for more efficient use of the space.
Two more staff houses have received flooring and some were serviced for repairs.
Cascadian remodel of the long wing continues. The lobby and short wing will be completed by spring of 2019.
A new sprinkler has been purchased for the horse arenas.
Volunteer assistance in areas of gardening, lawn mowing, carpentry, and painting are needed throughout the fall. Please contact Faith Oates for details at Faith Oates or call 360-761-1267.Add a comment
- Hits: 950
Whistler bathroom remodel is done.
Whistler, Glacier, and Mountain Cabins have been painted.
Three Mountain Cabins are being re-roofed in August.
New automatic water system controls are to be installed this month.
Dike road repairs are scheduled for August.
Volunteer assistance in areas of gardening, lawn mowing, carpentry, and painting are needed throughout the summer and fall. Please email Faith Oates for details or call 360-761-1267.Add a comment
- Hits: 995
New hot boxes recently arrived in the kitchen. These keep the food warm between the time it leaves the stove or oven and goes upstairs to the serving line.
Shipping containers have been re-positioned in the shop yard to optimize general storage and parking for The Lights of Christmas.
Three staff cottages received paint and flooring and one has a new roof.
Bathrooms in Whistler Mini-lodge are now being remodeled and repaired.
An addition to our water system control building has begun. New system controls are needed and additional covered space is required for the electronics.
Road repairs are needed to the road leading to the sewer lagoons. Plans are to begin the project this summer.
Volunteer assistance in areas of gardening, lawn mowing, carpentry, and painting are needed throughout the summer and fall. Please e-mail Faith Oates or call 360-761-1267 if you are interested in volunteering.Add a comment
- Hits: 1220
A new wheelchair ramp and mounting station was constructed for our Therapeutic Horsemanship Program. This project was funded and built by the Master Builders Association, Hamilton Lumber, Dunn Lumber, Cenex, and Synergy Construction.
Vital cleaning, painting, groundskeeping, fence building, and more was accomplished by the Lakeland High School group from Florida.
The new beauty bark recently spread along with the spring flowers create a beautiful oasis.
Cascadian Lodge rooms 12-30 are now renovated and in use by guests.
New convection ovens have been ordered for the kitchen and will be installed the week of May 28th.
New canoe dock has been ordered and will be installed in early June.
If anyone would like to donate towards or volunteer for any of these or other projects, e-mail Jessica Wilson, Development Director, or call at 360-312-3417.
Add a comment
- Hits: 1334
Spring gardening is in full swing with beauty bark coming April 30.
Cascadian Lodge rooms 12-30 will be complete by the end of May.
A new gas stove was installed in the kitchen.
New convection ovens will be ordered once sufficient funding is available.
Four staff cottages are scheduled for repairs and upgrades this spring and summer.
Whistler Mini-Lodge will receive new bathrooms and lobby upgrades as soon as a contractor can be scheduled.
We are seeking a volunteer group to build a much needed mounting station for our new Therapeutic Horsemanship Program.
Would you like to donate or volunteer for any of these projects? Email Jessica Wilson, or call 360-312-3417.Add a comment