- Hits: 59
Here are the projects currently being planned or are underway:
The Lights of Christmas set up continues. Watch for new features in the Wonderland area this year.
One Mt Baker Cabin deck is being replaced this month.
A staff cottage is going to receive new flooring this fall.
Landscaping improvements are underway near Cedar Lodge.
Volunteer assistance in areas of gardening, lawn mowing, carpentry, painting, The Lights of Christmas set-up are needed throughout the fall. Please e-mail Faith Oates or call 360-761-1267.Add a comment
- Hits: 200
Light hanging has begun for The Lights of Christmas Festival. The Donut Hut has been getting a new makeover and many other projects are underway.
Two of the three wells are now running on new automated controls. The third well will have new automated controls soon.
Shipping containers in the shop yard have all been moved for more efficient use of the space.
Two more staff houses have received flooring and some were serviced for repairs.
Cascadian remodel of the long wing continues. The lobby and short wing will be completed by spring of 2019.
A new sprinkler has been purchased for the horse arenas.
Volunteer assistance in areas of gardening, lawn mowing, carpentry, and painting are needed throughout the fall. Please contact Faith Oates for details at Faith Oates or call 360-761-1267.Add a comment
- Hits: 270
Whistler bathroom remodel is done.
Whistler, Glacier, and Mountain Cabins have been painted.
Three Mountain Cabins are being re-roofed in August.
New automatic water system controls are to be installed this month.
Dike road repairs are scheduled for August.
Volunteer assistance in areas of gardening, lawn mowing, carpentry, and painting are needed throughout the summer and fall. Please email Faith Oates for details or call 360-761-1267.Add a comment
- Hits: 359
New hot boxes recently arrived in the kitchen. These keep the food warm between the time it leaves the stove or oven and goes upstairs to the serving line.
Shipping containers have been re-positioned in the shop yard to optimize general storage and parking for The Lights of Christmas.
Three staff cottages received paint and flooring and one has a new roof.
Bathrooms in Whistler Mini-lodge are now being remodeled and repaired.
An addition to our water system control building has begun. New system controls are needed and additional covered space is required for the electronics.
Road repairs are needed to the road leading to the sewer lagoons. Plans are to begin the project this summer.
Volunteer assistance in areas of gardening, lawn mowing, carpentry, and painting are needed throughout the summer and fall. Please e-mail Faith Oates or call 360-761-1267 if you are interested in volunteering.Add a comment
- Hits: 539
A new wheelchair ramp and mounting station was constructed for our Therapeutic Horsemanship Program. This project was funded and built by the Master Builders Association, Hamilton Lumber, Dunn Lumber, Cenex, and Synergy Construction.
Vital cleaning, painting, groundskeeping, fence building, and more was accomplished by the Lakeland High School group from Florida.
The new beauty bark recently spread along with the spring flowers create a beautiful oasis.
Cascadian Lodge rooms 12-30 are now renovated and in use by guests.
New convection ovens have been ordered for the kitchen and will be installed the week of May 28th.
New canoe dock has been ordered and will be installed in early June.
If anyone would like to donate towards or volunteer for any of these or other projects, e-mail Jessica Wilson, Development Director, or call at 360-312-3417.
Add a comment
- Hits: 632
Spring gardening is in full swing with beauty bark coming April 30.
Cascadian Lodge rooms 12-30 will be complete by the end of May.
A new gas stove was installed in the kitchen.
New convection ovens will be ordered once sufficient funding is available.
Four staff cottages are scheduled for repairs and upgrades this spring and summer.
Whistler Mini-Lodge will receive new bathrooms and lobby upgrades as soon as a contractor can be scheduled.
We are seeking a volunteer group to build a much needed mounting station for our new Therapeutic Horsemanship Program.
Would you like to donate or volunteer for any of these projects? Email Jessica Wilson, or call 360-312-3417.Add a comment
- Hits: 833
Soccer goals have been installed on the East recreation field.
Canoe dock repair and replacement will occur this Spring.
The Program Center Auditorium stage will get acoustical treatment soon.
Cascadian remodeling continues. Rooms 12-19 will be completed at the end of April this year.
Lawn irrigation is being installed in front of the Mt Baker Cabins to keep those lawns green and healthy all summer long.
Metal roofs on our buildings are being power washed, which improves the care and general appearance of the facilities.
Whistler Mini-Lodge will receive upgrades to the meeting room and remodeling of one of the bathrooms later this year.
The Stables will have cross-ties installed, providing improved safety and covered space for tacking up horses.Add a comment
- Hits: 960
Here are the projects currently being planned or underway:
- Cedar Lodge entryways will receive new flooring soon.
- Whistler Mini-lodge is scheduled for refurbishment of the restrooms and lobby.
- New sprinkler irrigation is being installed around the Mt. Baker Cabins in late February.
- The Stables are getting an ADA ramp and platform to meet the needs of the Therapeutic Horsemanship program.
- Cascadian Lodge remodel is in process. Upgrades include new flooring, lighting, doors, furniture, room décor, improved electrical power, and upgraded heating. The goal is to complete the project by June of 2018.
- Hits: 1517
January is a transition month between The Lights of Christmas Festival and our winter/spring retreat season. Here’s what is happening this winter:
- The Lights of Christmas scenes, sets, and décor are going back into storage and the grounds are being restored for winter retreats.
- Cascadian Lodge remodeling has begun! The facility is receiving insulation, noise reduction, new fixtures, carpet, furniture, and interior décor.
- The Stables will have cross-ties installed, providing improved safety and covered space for tacking up horses.
- Automatic door openers will be installed on at least one set of doors in the Program Center, Maple Center, and Cedar Lodge. This will enhance accessibility for those with mobility challenges.
- Tree thinning will occur in areas that need more understory planted later this spring.
- Whistler Mini-Lodge will receive upgrades to the meeting room and remodeling of one of the bathrooms.
- Metal roofs, sidewalks, mini-golf, pool, and tennis courts will receive power wash cleaning.
- Landscape maintenance such as pruning and cleaning the beds will occur in February and March so that beauty bark can go down before the weeds start pushing up.
- Planning is underway for a new cabin in Chinook Village and possible road paving that may occur over the next couple years.
Interested in volunteering?
Whether you have a few hours or a few days, your help is appreciated! Contact Faith Oates, Volunteer Coordinator, (360) 761-1267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in donating?
If you are interested in supporting the projects financially, donate online or contact Jeannie Patterson, Administrative Assistant: 360-312-4984 or email email@example.com.
- Hits: 1797
Fall is a time of year in which we wrap up summer projects and begin to prepare for The Lights of Christmas. Work currently underway includes:
- New flooring for Warner House has been laid. The next area to receive new flooring will be the Cedar Lodge entryways.
- Following The Lights of Christmas, the remainder of the storage containers in the maintenance yard will be re-positioned for more usable storage space. Efficiently designed storage is very important to the stewardship of The Lights of Christmas.
- At the stables, worn out corral fencing is being replaced this fall. As time, volunteers, and donations allow, we would like to add loafing sheds to some of the horse corrals that would allow the horses to be under cover some of the time. Plus, we will be adding cross-ties to the interior of the barn. Cross-ties create wider spaces for campers to work around their horses. These projects are on-going throughout the winter.
- New road signs are installed thus improving ease of navigation around the grounds.
- This month, the roads are receiving new gravel and grading that will allow for better driving and walking experience during The Lights of Christmas.
- November is the month in which most of the outdoor scenes and sets are erected. We can always use more help Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm in putting up tents, artwork, the nautical scene, the ponds, gnomes, and more.
- Wonderland (Mt Cabin) area is receiving a thematic makeover which will take two years to accomplish. Phase one includes new lighted elements and design touches to the Mt Cabins. Wonderland is a new holiday fairy tale area.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, call Faith Oates at (360) 761-1267 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.Add a comment