Summer 2017 - The Wrangler in Training (WIT) program combines training as a Wrangler and Counselor in a summer-long experience for high school age participants. WITs will gain valuable experience working with guests and campers involving safety, horsemanship instruction, group control, and horse care. WIT's apprentice alongside experienced horsemanship staff assisting with trail rides, riding lessons, and all manner of horse and facility care for the next five weeks.
- Develop a servant's heart
- Grow in your personal Christian faith
- Learn how to train and handle horses
- Share mastered skills with other wranglers and apprenticeship
- Assist in leading trail rides
- Assist in instruction of riding lessons and vaulting classes
- Assume a variety of supervised leadership roles
- Develop healthy relationships and relational skills
- Develop character and healthy work values
- Age 16 or older by June 1, 2017
- Have a desire to study the life of Jesus Christ
- Be seeking to grow in a deeper personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Have a love for horses and young campers
- Be eager for personal growth
- Be in good physical condition
- Have a CHA riding certification for level 2 or above
- Have three recommendation letters: one from a Christian worker, one from a teacher, and one from a personal friend who is over 18 years old
Each WIT must remain for the entire session (June 26 - July 29, 2017 or July 24 - August 25, 2017). The program will be 5 weeks of practical experience and apprenticeship. Special exceptions may be granted for time-off or unavailability for whole duration of the session or participation in both sessions is accepted as well.
$420 per session. This cost includes five weeks of apprenticeship experience, including training manuals, insurance and room and board.
Download and fill out the Wrangler In Training Application and send it to the Warm Beach Camp, Personnel Office. Once application and three references are reviewed by the hiring manager, further contact will be made. If/when acceptance has been made into the program you will receive more information on arrival, what-to-bring, payments etc.
Best consideration will be given for applications received by June 15, 2017.
- Contact the Personnel Department for more information or questions at 360-216-4262