News & Updates
See & read about what is going on in the Warm Beach Camp & Conference Center community
Project Updates – August 2014
August 5, 2014
Here is the latest news on the Camp’s current projects:
- The new offices and storage space in lower level of Cedar Lodge are nearly finished! Over the next few weeks, we will be moving offices and supplies into the new space. This will vacate the space needed for the new walk-in cooler and freezer. We anticipate the walk-ins will be installed in late August or September. Meanwhile, contractors are developing cost estimates for the CL Chapel renovation project which is slated for next year.
- We are obtaining construction permits for phase one of an indoor box stall barn for the vaulting horses. Phase one entails building a pole barn off the north end of the covered riding arena. Phase 2 will follow when funds are available, and will include installation of the actual stalls, water, lighting, and flooring. This project is necessary for providing for the care of these horses.
- The swimming pool liners were replaced ten years ago with a fiberglass product, but now, we are about at the end of the projected lifespan for that product. This spring, we repaired numerous leaks in the large pool. Suddenly, this summer, the small pool’s liner failed and is undergoing emergency repair/replacement. We will be evaluating options for a longer-term pool solution that will eliminate such large-scale sudden maintenance issues.
- Building Permits are now in-hand for construction of two new Chinook Village cabins to serve the Special Friends Overnight Camps. Each cabin will house 18 campers and is designed to accommodate the campers with special needs. A general contractor has volunteered to be construction supervisor and we are obtaining both bids and donation pledges for the work. Provided adequate resources are available, we hope to begin the project this fall.
- A garage near the main entrance is being roofed and receiving new doors. The Nurse’s Cabin will be roofed this summer/fall once we can schedule the needed contractor. The roof has a steep pitch and is not one that our volunteers can safely do.
- A contractor has begun cleaning and treating all of our composition shingle roofs. This will improve the longevity of the roofs and the general appearance of the property.
- This month, volunteers will be painting the exterior of the Program Center.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, call Jessica Wilson at 360-312-3417 or email her at email@example.com.
Blessed and Uplifted
My daughter recently attended the Pony Club Horse Management Camp in Port Orchard with the Warm Beach Horsemanship Pony Club. This was her first away from home event and only her second Pony Club event. She was quite nervous about being away from home and me not being able to join her until late in the evening after the first day’s events. Thankfully, she was blessed by wonderful chaperones who encouraged and reassured her as well as went to classes ...
General News, Horsemanship News, News |
Calling People Back Home
"Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." -Isaiah 41:10 NLT The people of God have been scattered everywhere. The Lord has not forgotten them. Kings and nations in whose land God’s people live are making, assembling, and putting their trust in man-made idols. Kings of nations are bewildered at how it is these scattered ...
Industry News, News |
When Abundance Happens
“Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. ...