Project Updates – March 2014
March 12, 2014
Here is the latest news on the Camp projects currently underway:
- Building permits for the project going on in lower Cedar Lodge have now been received, so work is progressing once again. This project is taking place in the basement area under Cedar Lodge Chapel. The old restrooms are gone, and office space and reconfigured storage areas are replacing them. It will take several more months to complete this phase of the work. All the labor is being done by volunteers!
- The other project in the works for the Cedar Lodge basement this year is installing a new walk-in cooler and walk-in freezer for Food Service. This important upgrade replaces the current cooler and freezer that were installed around 1960 when that section of Cedar Lodge was built. While the ministry has grown substantially over the years, the space in these two walk-ins has not! This will be a wonderful improvement for the Food Service Department. Installation is anticipated in May or June.
- The next major phase of renovation in Cedar Lodge will be in Cedar Lodge Chapel. Lots of planning has been taking place over the last six months or so, and this month, the plans should be finalized. Lord willing, construction will begin in June 2015.
- At this point, the sidewalk improvements and the Stables projects are on hold until the funding can be raised for the work that needs to be done. The broken sidewalks have been removed and either replaced with gravel or not replaced at all. All safety issues have been addressed. At the Stables, the two projects waiting to be done include replacing the manure shed and building box stalls for the vaulting horses.
- Projects that are scheduled to be done during this year include re-roofing the Pines Lodge and the Nurse’s Cabin, and replacing the tot lot toys near the Program Center. These projects are also awaiting funding.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, contact Jessica Wilson at the Camp or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.