News & Updates
See & read about what is going on in the Warm Beach Camp & Conference Center community
Project Updates – May 2014
April 25, 2014
Here is the latest news on the Camp’s current projects:
- Work continues in the basement of Cedar Lodge. The new walls are being painted, doors hung, and windows trimmed out. Soon, we will have the electrical and sprinkler systems finished, flooring put down in the offices, and the drop ceiling hung. The main concrete floors have been sanded and sealed with a non-slip clear finish. There has been wonderful volunteer labor support for this project, thus far. The new walk-in cooler and freezer are ordered and we are hoping to have them ready to install in June.
- A new manure shed to improve our manure management may not seem like a glamorous project, but it is very important! We are hoping to complete the shed this fall if cost sharing funding from the Snohomish Conservation District is approved.
- Cost estimates are being revised and the planning for horse stalls for vaulting horses is underway. The timing of this project depends upon raising sufficient funds and receiving County permit approval. We would like to have them built before winter, but still have need for more funding.
- A certified arborist has volunteered for a forestry health project involving the marking and removal of trees in the RV area. As the trees have become older, the density needed to be reduced to provide for stronger, healthier trees. The dead wood that can be a hazard is being removed, and with more sunlight for the understory plants, the forest will become more lush and healthy. The trees taken down will be used for firewood this summer and during The Lights of Christmas.
- For the W-Bar-B Ranch summer program, the staff and volunteers are constructing space for a modified paint ball course and a human foosball game. Both of these will greatly increase the diversity of fun activities at Camp.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, email Jessica Wilson or call her at 360-312-3417.
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” Revelation 21:4 NLT The Apostle John is writing down the vision from God about a time when everything is made new by God. God is back among us: I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will ...
General News, News |
Created with You in Mind
There is something wonderful about arriving at a place and to people that have thoughtfully anticipated your needs and prepared something special for everyone who comes. Warm Beach Camp Ministries (WBCM) is focused on this kind of thoughtful readiness for every leader and group that comes to Black Diamond Camp, Rainier Camp & Retreat Center, and Warm Beach Camp & Conference Center. It is an expression of our faith. Throughout Scripture are words and images of being “created with care.” ...
General News, Industry News, News |
What Led You to Us?
What brought me to Warm Beach and this beautiful community in this special corner of the country? The answer is simple. The answer is prayer; to the same God who has faithfully led me through every chapter. He has led me through mountains and valleys, over peaks, and through storms. But all metaphors aside, in truth, I am starting over. I am here to begin anew and I am filled with hope for the future God has planned for me ...