News & Updates
See & read about what is going on in the Warm Beach Camp & Conference Center community
Project Updates – May 2015
April 24, 2015
Here is the latest news on the Camp’s current projects:
- The renovation work in lower Cedar Lodge is progressing well. The kitchen remodel work where the old walk-ins used to be should be completed in May. (See photo at right.) The Camp Board has authorized work to begin on refurbishing Cedar Lodge Chapel in 2016. This project will focus on updating the room, installing energy efficient windows, and upgrading the audio/visual systems.
- The two new Chinook Village dorms to serve the Special Friends Overnight Camps are currently under construction. These dorms are designed to accommodate those with special needs. A crew of volunteers came one Saturday in March and got all of the exterior walls, trusses and roof up on one cabin, and the walls up on the second cabin, all in one day! If you or your group have construction skills and could help in the next few weeks for a day or more in the next few weeks, please contact Jessica Wilson at (360) 312-3417. These two dorms are scheduled for use at the Special Friends Overnight camps this summer.
- A new health room, office, and storage area have been built at W-Bar-B Ranch this spring. Just the electrical and finish work remains to be completed. The health room provides an area where the camp nurse can dispense medications and address the medical needs of the campers. This project is funded, in part, by a foundation grant.
- Bayview Ranch House is being painted this spring and will get new gutters this fall.
- At the Stables, the construction of the new manure shed is underway, scheduled for completion in June. This project helps the Camp protect the water quality in Port Susan Bay from the run-off from our herd of horses.
- Work is underway on the Amphitheater, installing a retaining wall beyond the fire pit to expand the “stage” area, allowing more room around the campfire, or for worship teams leading singing. This is in preparation for a new permanently installed outdoor sound system scheduled to go in next year. This project is being funded by the Apostolic Family Camp and Warm Beach Camp.
- We are getting ready to make repairs to the south wall of the Dining Room in Cedar Lodge. This wall faces directly into the harsh winter weather and had developed rot that must be torn out and the wall repaired. The siding, insulation, and windows will be replaced, along with any needed structural repairs.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, call Jessica Wilson at (360) 312-3417 or click here to email her.
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” Revelation 21:4 NLT The Apostle John is writing down the vision from God about a time when everything is made new by God. God is back among us: I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will ...
General News, News |
Created with You in Mind
There is something wonderful about arriving at a place and to people that have thoughtfully anticipated your needs and prepared something special for everyone who comes. Warm Beach Camp Ministries (WBCM) is focused on this kind of thoughtful readiness for every leader and group that comes to Black Diamond Camp, Rainier Camp & Retreat Center, and Warm Beach Camp & Conference Center. It is an expression of our faith. Throughout Scripture are words and images of being “created with care.” ...
General News, Industry News, News |
What Led You to Us?
What brought me to Warm Beach and this beautiful community in this special corner of the country? The answer is simple. The answer is prayer; to the same God who has faithfully led me through every chapter. He has led me through mountains and valleys, over peaks, and through storms. But all metaphors aside, in truth, I am starting over. I am here to begin anew and I am filled with hope for the future God has planned for me ...