Project Updates – May 2016
April 26, 2016
Here is the latest news on the Camp’s current projects:
- Volunteers are busy with the painting project at the Stables. They are working on the Stables office/snack shop and vaulting barrel gym. When they finish these two buildings, all of the buildings at the Stables and Bayview will have a fresh look. Thank you, volunteers!
- The repair work on the end-wall in the Cedar Lodge Dining Room is finished! The new windows are larger, and the exterior doors and new siding look great! We are thankful to have this work completed and grateful that the structural damage was not as extensive as feared.
- Installation of the new, wider sidewalk that goes from the Senior Community to Maple Center is now underway. (See photo at right.) This project is replacing the cracked and broken four-foot sidewalk with a new ten-foot-wide one, improving safety and accommodating more pedestrian traffic. This work will be done between now and the end of May.
- Poles were recently set at the Amphitheater for a new outdoor sound system that will be installed in May. This project will allow a greater range of programming to occur outside, year-round. Funding for this project is coming from two long-time guest groups, individuals, and Warm Beach Camp.
- At the end of April, new carpet will be installed in Cascadian Lobby and hallways. Soon fundraising will begin that will allow us to refurbish the interiors of the sleeping rooms in this lodge.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, call Jessica Wilson at (360) 312-3417 or email her.