Project Updates – September 2016
September 22, 2016
Here is the latest news on the Camp’s current projects:
- The refurbishment project in Cedar Lodge Chapel is nearing completion. The new snack bar has been completed. New chairs have been ordered. Work still in progress includes the new audio/visual systems, new lighting, and ceiling paint. This is the third and final project of the Embracing the Vision Campaign that provided funding for the new restrooms and the remodel work in the kitchen. We are grateful for the many people who gave through the Campaign to make all this work possible.
- A new fireplace insert has been installed in Cascadian lobby. This is part of the renovation project to revitalize Cascadian Lodge. Fundraising through a room memorialization program is underway. This will allow us to significantly update the sleeping rooms in this lodge. Currently, 15 rooms have been memorialized, leaving 15 more to be underwritten. If you would like information about memorializing a room, please contact Nancy Nelson at the Camp.
- New fireplace inserts have also been installed in both of the Olympic View Lodge meeting rooms. These provide a nice ambience and warmth to the rooms.
- A lot of work has been done at the Stables this summer, and it continues into the fall. The new storage shed and corrals at the Stables are near completion, allowing for improved vaulting tack and horse feed storage, and improved winter horse feeding. A large section of gutters are being repaired or added to help with mud control in the rainy times of the year. New footing, a mix of sand and sawdust, has been added to the indoor riding arena to improve safety for the vaulters, and help protect the horses’ joints. Much of this work has been done by volunteers. Thank you, volunteers!
- Work is starting on a project to add more parking spaces across Marine Drive for The Lights of Christmas. This will be the 20th year of The Lights, and it continues to grow each year. The Camp is working hard to keep up with an ever-increasing need for parking spaces for this event. It is wonderful that this event is reaching out to so many people! We want to be ready to serve those who come.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, call Jessica Wilson at (360) 312-3417 or contact her by email.