News & Updates
See & read about what is going on in the Warm Beach Camp & Conference Center community
Stay Safe in God’s Love
But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in God’s love.
Jude 1:20-21 NLT
Kids are taught from an early age what needs to be done to stay safe. Do any of these sound familiar?:
- Don’t touch the stove, it is hot.
- Don’t accept a ride from a stranger.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
Staying safe is a big concern in our world today. So many things feel unsafe. In general, people are afraid of the next bad thing happening. Cultural, political, and social issues are handled in a way that is tearing apart trust and increasing this sense of vulnerability.
Jude, the brother of James, wrote followers of Jesus about what it is going to take to stay safe in God’s love:
- Build each other up in the faith: There is help in the ongoing encouragement to stay focused on faith in God. This is an ongoing work that is helpful every day.
- Pray in the power of the Holy Spirit: Trying to pray in our own power limits our alignment with God. The Holy Spirit guides us into God’s will. There is intercession beyond what we can even put into words. Praying in the power of the Holy Spirit is, in effect, turning the conversation over to God in relationship to our issues.
- Wait on the mercy of Jesus Christ: Living everyday with the awareness that were it not for God’s grace and mercy through Jesus, everyone of us would be condemned. Because of Jesus, there is no condemnation. Because of Jesus, we can live in His freedom today and everyday.
You and I are safe in God’s love through Jesus Christ. Even if hard times come, there is nothing that separates us from God’s amazing love. Through Jesus, there is nothing that can stop me from living with God forever.
Encouragement: Do the good work of staying safe in God’s love. Read the entire chapter of Jude. Be encouraged to let the power of the Holy Spirit align you with God’s will. Receive the mercy offered by Jesus everyday. Keep building each other up in the faith we share in God through Jesus.
Prayer: Dear Father God, thank you for reminding us of our part in staying safe in Your love. Thank You for giving us so much through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. I need You today. Thank You for Your mercy and grace in my life. In Jesus name, Amen.
-Ed McDowell, Executive Director
Warm Beach Camp and Conference Center