Update on Projects – August 2011
August 11, 2011
Here is the latest news on the Camp projects currently underway:
- A new train car for the Polar Express is nearing completion and was actually rolled out during Family Camp week! This special wheelchair-accessible car will enable us to accommodate wheelchair-bound guests on the train. Funding for this project came from a grant from the Tulalip Tribes and the work was accomplished by a team of dedicated volunteers.
- There are a number of projects going on right now. We have 14 volunteers here for the month of August, and they are really getting a lot of work accomplished. They are rebuilding the Amphitheatre, replacing siding and/or installing new windows in four staff houses. They are also working on painting projects, hosting in the Dining Room, cleaning, sewing, refinishing lobby furniture, and working on decorations for The Lights of Christmas. Wow!
- We just received the permits from the County for the restroom relocation project in Cedar Lodge. This is a huge praise for which we are very thankful! Construction will begin very soon, and the goal, Lord willing, is to have the new restrooms open in time for The Lights of Christmas in December. Keep praying!
- The Conditional Use Permit process continues to proceed slowly through the County. Please pray that the plans will finally be approved this year, and with few revisions required.
- The Warner House is looking great with new exterior paint. The interior of Cascadian Lodge is getting new paint and is about half done so far. Still waiting for volunteers and funding is painting the exterior of Olympic View Lodge, putting together ten picnic tables, constructing a new fuel depot area at the shop, and a large firewood cutting and splitting project.
- The guest snack area in Cedar Lodge was refurbished by a group of volunteers from the Arlington FM Church.
If you would be interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, contact Jessica Beach 1-800-228-6724, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.