Update on Projects – May 2011
May 3, 2011
Here is the latest news on the Camp projects currently underway:
- The application for permits to do the restroom relocation project in Cedar Lodge has been submitted to the County for approval. This process will take a minimum of three months to complete. Lord willing, the actual work on this first phase of the Cedar Lodge renovation project will begin later this year. After years of talking about moving the restrooms upstairs in Cedar Lodge, it may just be months away from actually happening. Keep praying!
- The Conditional Use Permit process continues to proceed, albeit slowly, through the County. Please pray that the plans will be approved by the County this year with support from the community and with few revisions required.
- At the Program Center, new carpeting for Meeting Room A has been ordered with funding coming from Men’s Advance and Women’s Retreats. Exterior painting is waiting for additional funding, and the railing project in the courtyard is waiting for volunteer labor.
- Volunteers have taken down the bridge on the Nature Trail in the kettle-hole cirque for safety reasons, and soon we will be dismantling the “McDonald’s” Playland structure for the same reason.
- Other projects in the works as funding allows include painting the exteriors of Olympic View Lodge and the Warner House, painting the interior of Cascadian Lodge, putting together ten picnic tables, constructing a new fuel depot area at the shop, and cutting, splitting and stacking more than 20 cords of wood.
- Thanks to the gifts received from a recent letter sent out, we will be installing a new counter top and refinishing the cabinets in the guest snack area of Cedar Lodge and constructing several portable stage sections for our meeting rooms. And, when we have the volunteer labor, we will be installing some park benches.