Update on Projects – November 2012
Here is the latest news on the Camp projects currently underway:
- This fall has been a busy time for projects around the grounds. The most visible project is the new entrance signs. These beautiful signs that now border the Camp’s main entrance were a gift from the Kanehen family in loving memory of wife and mother, Elizabeth Kanehen.
- The landscaping and exterior painting on the new restroom addition in Cedar Lodge has been completed. Camp guests are really appreciating these beautiful new restrooms!
- Work is nearing completion on much-needed expanded parking for The Lights of Christmas. Besides this, decorating work is going on all over the grounds in preparation for The Lights which open on Thursday, November 29.
- Signage marking the Native Growth Protection Areas (NGPA) on the grounds continues to be installed, identifying the buffer areas that need to be preserved. Another part of this project will take place in the spring when invasive plants will be removed, and native vegetation will be planted in two border areas.
- Repairs have been completed on the road that provides access to the dike and the Wastewater Treatment Plant. This road partially washed out last winter. Also competed are drainage improvements on the playfield at W-Bar-B Ranch.
- Some projects in the planning stages include: construction of a new manure containment facility at the Stables and improved drainage in the horse corrals; building a new announcer’s stand next to the grandstands; replacement of the server on the Camp’s computer system; installation of underground sprinklers and moving the overhead electrical wires underground in Cedar Lodge front lawn; and repairing the weather damage in the decks at the Mount Baker cabins.
There really is a lot going on! If you would be interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours, a few days or more, contact Jessica Wilson at the Camp or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.