Update on Projects – October 2010
October 6, 2010
Here is the latest news on the Camp projects currently underway:
- The project at the Stables — running a waterline out for a winterized watering trough, and installing a system to collect and pipe away the runoff water from the roofs of all the buildings in the Stables area — has been completed thanks to LZ Construction and the Snohomish Conservation District. This work will help protect the environment in the area around the Stables.
- We continue to work with building engineers and the architects on the final plans for the Cedar Lodge renovation project. We hope to begin the actual work on the first phase — moving the restrooms to the main floor — in 2011. Actual construction is dependent on getting approval from the State and County agencies involved in the process.
- Funds were raised at Men’s Advance and Women’s Retreats to replace the railings around the Program Center Courtyard and repaint the exterior walls of the Program Center. We need several volunteers to step forward to help with this work. If we had six or eight men for a day in October, we would be able to complete this project. Otherwise, we will need to hold the work until next spring.
- Please continue to pray for the Camp’s Conditional Use Permit. We are planning to submit the final application to the County this month. This permit must be approved before we can begin the Cedar Lodge renovation project, and will affect all future development of the Camp for the next 30 years.
- This is the time of year that we wrap up as many existing projects as possible for the season. We are completing some landscaping around the sidewalks that were put in last spring near the Pines, and finishing up some maintenance work on a couple of retreat houses.