News & Updates
See & read about what is going on in the Warm Beach Camp & Conference Center community
Update on Projects – October 2011
October 3, 2011
Here is the latest news on the Camp projects currently underway:
- Renovation work on the Amphitheatre is nearly complete, and what a difference it makes! The wooden boards that made up the walkways and seating had deteriorated over the years to the point they gave an unsettling, springy feeling when you walked or sat on them. Thanks to a small army of volunteers, that is a thing of the past. We are still raising the needed funding to cover the rest of the costs of this project (click here to help!). The availability of the volunteer help and the condition of the structure required this project be done as soon as possible, before the funding was all in-hand.
- The Conditional Use Permit process continues to proceed slowly through the County. We are waiting for yet another round of County planner comments which we will review and respond to. Please pray that the plans will finally be approved this year with few additional revisions required.
- Renovation work on five staff houses has been completed, receiving different combinations of new windows, new siding and fresh paint. There are several more staff houses waiting for new windows and other improvements in the future. While these projects don’t directly serve our guests, they are important to preserving and maintaining the investments in our staff housing and providing for the care of our staff families.
- This time of year is when a lot of our attention turns to preparing for The Lights of Christmas. There are a number of new lighting displays that need to be created to cover the restroom construction area in front of Cedar Lodge during The Lights, and painting projects, preparing scenes and sets for the event, to name just a couple.
- Construction of the new fuel depot area at the shop is nearing completion, and the ten picnic tables have been assembled. Help is still needed on a large firewood cutting and splitting project.
If you would be interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, contact Jessica Beach at the Camp.
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” Revelation 21:4 NLT The Apostle John is writing down the vision from God about a time when everything is made new by God. God is back among us: I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will ...
General News, News |
Created with You in Mind
There is something wonderful about arriving at a place and to people that have thoughtfully anticipated your needs and prepared something special for everyone who comes. Warm Beach Camp Ministries (WBCM) is focused on this kind of thoughtful readiness for every leader and group that comes to Black Diamond Camp, Rainier Camp & Retreat Center, and Warm Beach Camp & Conference Center. It is an expression of our faith. Throughout Scripture are words and images of being “created with care.” ...
General News, Industry News, News |
What Led You to Us?
What brought me to Warm Beach and this beautiful community in this special corner of the country? The answer is simple. The answer is prayer; to the same God who has faithfully led me through every chapter. He has led me through mountains and valleys, over peaks, and through storms. But all metaphors aside, in truth, I am starting over. I am here to begin anew and I am filled with hope for the future God has planned for me ...