Update on Projects
Fall is a time of year in which we wrap up summer projects and begin to prepare for The Lights of Christmas. Work currently underway includes:
- New flooring for Warner House has been laid. The next area to receive new flooring will be the Cedar Lodge entryways.
- Following The Lights of Christmas, the remainder of the storage containers in the maintenance yard will be re-positioned for more usable storage space. Efficiently designed storage is very important to the stewardship of The Lights of Christmas.
- At the stables, worn out corral fencing is being replaced this fall. As time, volunteers, and donations allow, we would like to add loafing sheds to some of the horse corrals that would allow the horses to be under cover some of the time. Plus, we will be adding cross-ties to the interior of the barn. Cross-ties create wider spaces for campers to work around their horses. These projects are on-going throughout the winter.
- New road signs are installed thus improving ease of navigation around the grounds.
- This month, the roads are receiving new gravel and grading that will allow for better driving and walking experience during The Lights of Christmas.
- November is the month in which most of the outdoor scenes and sets are erected. We can always use more help Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm in putting up tents, artwork, the nautical scene, the ponds, gnomes, and more.
- Wonderland (Mt Cabin) area is receiving a thematic makeover which will take two years to accomplish. Phase one includes new lighted elements and design touches to the Mt Cabins. Wonderland is a new holiday fairy tale area.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with any projects, whether you have a few hours or a few days, call Faith Oates at (360) 761-1267 or email her at email@example.com.