Wait for it… You won’t be disappointed
I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.
Psalms 40:1–2 NLT
During this pandemic, which phrase below best describes you:
- I waited patiently for the Lord to help me.
- I stopped briefly and asked the Lord to help me.
- In a rush, I asked the Lord to help me.
- Focused on other things, I hoped the Lord would help me.
- I am handling my own issues without the Lord’s help.
When we are in a tough situation, it is important to be clear about who and what we turn to for help. Being honest about our own expectations for help is important.
So, what is God’s response to us patiently waiting for his help?
- God focuses on us: “He turned to me and heard my cry.” Isn’t it amazing to know that God responds to us when we patiently wait on Him? I am so grateful for this truth.
- God helps us: “He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire.” It doesn’t matter “how deep we are in it”, God comes and helps every time. It may not always feel immediate, but know that God is working beyond what you and I see.
- God provides a solid foundation for us: “He set my feet on solid ground…” I am so grateful for the confidence that God sets me on solid ground as part of the way he helps. Many times, solid ground has been on a path to move me forward in the right direction.
- God supports us: “…and steadied me…” I need help and support in this life to follow God and his ways. So do you. Thankfully, God is there to steady us along the way.
- God goes with us: “…as I walked along.” I am so grateful that God doesn’t just pick us up, dust us off and say, “off you go.” Rather, he travels with us. Always available and always there.
Encouragement: If you could bring your point of need to God, what would it be? Ask God to help you with the situation at hand. Wait patiently. He will respond. God will help you.
Prayer: Dear Jesus, I need to confess something obvious. I do not like to wait patiently. This means that I struggle with waiting patiently on You for help. I also know that the help You provide is unmatched. You are the help I need in my life. I choose today to wait patiently before You for help. Thank You for focusing on me and my situation. Thank You for helping me, giving me a solid place to move forward from. Thank You for traveling with me. I am forever grateful. In Jesus name I pray, Amen
Ed McDowell, CEO
Warm Beach Camp Ministries