News & Updates
See & read about what is going on in the Warm Beach Camp & Conference Center community
What We Need Now!
So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.
Hebrews 10:35–36 NLT
What do you need right now to continue to follow God in your life? There are many possible answers:
- More joy would be nice.
- Less temptation to deal with.
- Christians who are better examples to follow.
- Good sleep and rest.
- Better motivation.
- Clarity about God’s purpose for my life.
Was this answer on your list? Patient Endurance.
We are in such a rush for results in our lives that we often overlook endurance and patience. Both are needed to go deeper and further with God. Patient endurance gives us staying power. When immediate realities are in conflict with what we are living and aiming for, there is the capacity to see things through as followers of God.
The writer of Hebrews reminds us of a few things in these two verses:
- Don’t throw away our trust in God because of current realities or situations we are going through.
- There are incredible rewards in following God. Some of those rewards are part of His everyday faithfulness. Some of those rewards are stored up in eternity for a future time in our lives.
- Patient endurance is what is needed now. Don’t focus on rushed results.
- Keep doing God’s will. Follow Him in all things.
- Receive all that God has promised in your life. Do not reject the blessings of God in our lives.
ENCOURAGEMENT: Embrace the challenges of today with God’s will for your life. Show up with the help of the Holy Spirit. Don’t rush for quick answers. Take the long view. Live with patient endurance. Take a deep breath and trust God again today, and every day. Watch Him work in your life beyond what could ever be hoped for.
PRAYER: Dear Jesus, thank you for focusing us on Patient Endurance. We do not naturally go to patience. Please help us to settle down and settle into Your will. Open us up to receiving all that you have for us. Let our confidence be in You and nothing else.
In Your name we pray, AMEN.
-Ed McDowell, Executive Director
Warm Beach Camp and Conference Center