Warm Beach Camp’s Horsemanship Program shares the love and truth of God through horses, riding, and horsemanship instruction. Our goals are that participants grow in their spiritual and personal life as well as their riding disciplines. Horses and horsemanship teach an abundance of life lessons that build maturity in participants. Safety and responsible horse handling are central to everything that goes on in the program. Staff undergo careful training to align safety practice and instruction under the guidelines of the national program of the Certified Horsemanship Association program (CHA). Under the leadership of Lisa Tremain, Horsemanship Director, the staff make every effort to provide a safe, professional horsemanship experience - one that will have life-long impact.
- Group riding lessons of no more than 6 riders per group
- Any skill level is welcome; ages 8 and up
- Lessons include ground work, horse care, and safety instruction
- Horses, tack and helmets provided by Warm Beach Camp
- CHA certified site
- Most riding lessons will occur in the riding arena with occasional “trail lessons” (taught at the discretion of the instructor)
Riders will learn:
- Grooming, saddling, horse care
- Basic horse control at a walk, jog, and lope
- Basic equitation and proper use of the four natural aids (voice, hands, legs, weight)
- How to recognize and ride on the correct diagonal, leads & much more!
|Class Level||Age Requirement||Style|
|Level 1 class||8+ years old||Western|
|Level 2 class*||8+ years old||Western|
|Level 2 class*||8+ years old||Western & Intro English|
|Level 2 class**||10+ years old||English with Jumping|
|Level 3, 4 class*||10+ years old||Western & English with Jumping|
|Recreational Level||18+ years old||Western & English|
*Must have passed previous CHA riding level test or be pre-approved by Horsemanship Director prior to registration
**Must have previously participated in Intro English class or be pre-approved by Horsemanship Director prior to registration
- Minimum age 8 years old at the time of first class of session.
- Riders must not exceed weight of 200 lbs and need to be able to walk on their own.
- Helmets and boots required. (Helmets provided by Warm Beach Camp; limited supply of boots are available.)
2018 Session Schedule
Session 1: March 6 - May 19, 2018. There will be no lessons April 2-6 (Monday-Friday) and May 12 (Saturday). Session starts with Tuesday classes (Mar 6).
Session 2: September 8 - November 17, 2018. There will be no lesson on October 20 (Saturday). Session starts with Saturday classes (Sep 8).
Each session includes 10 classes, once per week. Students will be placed in one of the following classes:
Tuesday 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Wednesday 1:15 pm – 2:45 pm
Thursday 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Friday 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Friday 2:45 pm - 4:15 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Saturday 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Saturday 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Saturday 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Once approved & registered, the horsemanship director will place students in appropriate classes for each session. Please note your schedule availability in the online registration form. Class assignments will be finalized by February 16 (Session 1) and August 27 (Session 2). Enrollment for each session will be accepted after this date up until the first day of lessons (subject to availability).
Must complete the online registration form, waiver form, and concussion policy prior to the first lesson.
What to expect at class:
- If arriving 15 minutes late or more, rider may not be able to participate
- 30 minutes to saddle/unsaddle your horse
- 45-50 minutes of riding time
- Short devotional
$300 per session, 10 classes per session.