Project Updates – July 2010
Here is the latest news on the Camp projects currently underway:
- Full funding has been received for the refrigerator project. The Camp has been mandated by the County Health Department to replace the home-style refrigerators in use in areas where food is served or food concessions are sold, with commercial-grade refrigerators. Between a grant from a foundation, and the gifts from many friends of the Camp, enough funding has come in to purchase all of the new units. Thank you to all who had a part in this!
- The fence setback project at the Stables is complete. Projects still to be done at the Stables include running a water line out for a winterized watering trough, and collecting and piping away the runoff water from the roofs of all the buildings to an area away from the manure shed to help protect the environment.
- We are working with building engineers and the architects on final building plans for the Cedar Lodge renovation project, phases I, II, and III, so that we can submit our plans to the County for building permits. The first phase will be moving the restrooms to the main floor.
- Smaller projects finished or nearing completion include the repair work done on one of the Camp’s waterlines, and renovation work going on in one of the staff homes.
- There will be several painting, roofing, and construction projects underway this summer on Camp buildings. If you would like to volunteer to help with any of these, please contact Jessica in our volunteer office.
Please continue to pray for the Camp’s Conditional Use Permit application before the County. This permit must be approved before we can begin the Cedar Lodge renovation project, and will affect all future development of the Camp for the next 30 years.