News & Updates
See & read about what is going on in the Warm Beach Camp & Conference Center community
Project Updates – July 2010
July 2, 2010
Here is the latest news on the Camp projects currently underway:
- Full funding has been received for the refrigerator project. The Camp has been mandated by the County Health Department to replace the home-style refrigerators in use in areas where food is served or food concessions are sold, with commercial-grade refrigerators. Between a grant from a foundation, and the gifts from many friends of the Camp, enough funding has come in to purchase all of the new units. Thank you to all who had a part in this!
- The fence setback project at the Stables is complete. Projects still to be done at the Stables include running a water line out for a winterized watering trough, and collecting and piping away the runoff water from the roofs of all the buildings to an area away from the manure shed to help protect the environment.
- We are working with building engineers and the architects on final building plans for the Cedar Lodge renovation project, phases I, II, and III, so that we can submit our plans to the County for building permits. The first phase will be moving the restrooms to the main floor.
- Smaller projects finished or nearing completion include the repair work done on one of the Camp’s waterlines, and renovation work going on in one of the staff homes.
- There will be several painting, roofing, and construction projects underway this summer on Camp buildings. If you would like to volunteer to help with any of these, please contact Jessica in our volunteer office.
Please continue to pray for the Camp’s Conditional Use Permit application before the County. This permit must be approved before we can begin the Cedar Lodge renovation project, and will affect all future development of the Camp for the next 30 years.
Calling People Back Home
"Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." -Isaiah 41:10 NLT The people of God have been scattered everywhere. The Lord has not forgotten them. Kings and nations in whose land God’s people live are making, assembling, and putting their trust in man-made idols. Kings of nations are bewildered at how it is these scattered ...
Industry News, News |
When Abundance Happens
“Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. ...
General News, News |
The Outdoor Education Program at Warm Beach Camp offers schools a safe platform for their students to explore and grow as individuals, while surrounded by rich biodiversity. During “The Great Pioneer Skills Challenge” class, a middle school student was interested in attempting to make a quilting square. The individual had always been curious to sew but had no one to show them the way. Through trial and error and the help of volunteer staff, the child completed the sewing task ...